Awesome comic of the week: X-Factor 207

Again, a pretty skimpy week.

I've been trying to look up comics that I could add to my subscriptions, but I haven't found anything that I thought was just really worth adding. Then, today, I found out that one of my favorite titles,Madame Xanadu, is being cancelled. UGH. What's a girl to do?

So, in efforts to cheer myself up, I've been looking up Thor's Hammer Necklaces. Here are my favorites so far, in no particular order:
1. Hammer necklace by dwarvenmorning
2. Small Thor's Hammer by Moon's Light Magic
3. Bronze Thor's Hammer by Cloudberry Market

Anywho, let's move on to the purpose of this post, and that is Peter David's X-Factor #207.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Now, let me just say this: This series is what brought me back to reading comic books. Honestly. When I first read this series a couple years back, I got reminded of how awesome comics were. I love what Peter David has done to the characters and to the team. And although some arcs are a bit blah, I think, overall, it's very consistent and well-done.

So, what did I like about this issue?

Well, firstly, there's Hela. Who doesn't like a dark, mysterious lady? Her getting involved means a possibility of a Thor team-up. MAYBE.
Secondly, Layla Miller is back. I know, I know, she's not the same Layla I used to love. It seems that kids in the Marvel universe nowadays need to grow up before they can be part of something. Take Layla and Hope Summers for instance. They both had to get older FAST before they could be of any purpose to anyone.
Thirdly, I just love the developing relationship between Shatterstar and Rictor. This tender exposition is something I love with contemporary comics-- it's a soap opera of sorts, except cooler because everyone has powers.
And by golly, RAHNE IS PREGGERS?
If the abovementioned don't add up to "awesome comic," I don't know what will.

Till next week,
Image and video hosting by TinyPic♥ Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment